Vignettes of inclusive practice in schools are available on the Queensland Government’s Department of Education website under ‘Every student with disability succeeding’:
· Check out their Inclusive Education policy: https://education.qld.gov.au/student/inclusive-education
An inclusive education blog by a Queensland teacher, including many resources and practical examples
· ‘Include’ Inclusion through skills development: www.include.com.au
Check out their ‘Families and Resources’ page.
Community Resource Unit:
Expanding Ideas; Creating Change. CRU supports QCIE and helps promotes Inclusive Education through
Check out their ‘Events’ page and get on their mailing list.
· ‘All Means All’ Australian Alliance for Inclusive Education: www.allmeansall.org.au
Check out their Parent Toolkit and their Educators Toolkit.
They also run SIPN (for parents) and SINE (for educators) Facebook groups.
· ‘School Inclusion from Theory to Practice’ by Loren Swancutt: www.school-inclusion.com
Nationally Consistent Collection of Data on School Students with Disability: https://docs.education.gov.au/system/files/doc/other/2018_-_nccd_-_fact_sheet_for_parents_and_carers_english.pdf
· Australian Curriculum: https://www.australiancurriculum.edu.au/resources/student-diversity/students-with-disability/
Australian Professional Standards for Teachers:
Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities
Strategies to support full participation of students with disability